Friday, 15 October 2010 00:00
Last Updated on Friday, 15 October 2010 23:04
A number of organisations have contributed to the development of ParaFEM. These are listed below.
Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- NERC PhD studentship NER/S/A/2006/14033 supported the use of ParaFEM for research into dinosaur trackways.
European Framework Programme 7 (EP7)
- Two DEISA Extreme Computing Initiative (DECI-6) projects that use ParaFEM have received support through grant RI-222919 .
Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd (NAG)
- NAG Ltd have provided software development funding to add enhancements to ParaFEM through the HECToR dCSE mechanism.
Microsoft Research Cambridge Ltd
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- The Microsoft-DHPA award mentioned above is jointly funded 50/50 by BBSRC and Microsoft.
- Simpleware Ltd have provided consultancy on image based meshing and geometrically complex meshes comprising 100s millions of finite elements.
- HECToR is the UK's High End Computing Terascale Resource. ParaFEM is one of the applications named in the HECToR service contract.
European Space Agency (ESA)
- ESA have provided PhD funding for studying the thermal and thermo-elastic properties of carbon and metallic foams through project ECC-20741.
- ParaFEM uses the Google Code platform to manage its software development activities.